Health Profession
publicado em 25/02/2013 às 16h01:00
   Dê o seu voto:

Doctors Without specialist titles totaling 180 000 in the country, says CFM

For councils, government must ensure more residency positions to improve the qualification of professionals

 
font size
A-
A+

Some pieces of information on this page may have been automatically translated. Makernews is not responsible for the irregularities resulting from these translations. When in doubt,      consult the original text.



Data released by the Federal Council of Medicine (CFM) indicate that the 388,015 practicing physicians in Brazil, 54% have one or more specialty. The other 180,136 professionals, 46% of the total, have no title issued by specialist specialty society or obtained after completion of residency. According to study Medical Demography - Volume 2, this data inserts an element of concern for the care taking into account the deterioration of the quality of medical education and the lack of places in medical residencies for all graduates of undergraduate programs.

According to the published CFM, excluding younger doctors, who have not yet joined or have not completed their courses of specialization, and older, who have given up trying vacancies in residence or not submitted to the current mechanisms of specialization, left 88,000 doctors untitled. This contingent, with ages ranging from 30 to 60 years are the most affected by deficiencies in access to medical residency.

For the president of CFM, Luiz Roberto d'Avila, "the government should provide a system capable of forming meet this unmet demand and future graduates of schools. Everybody should have the opportunity to upgrade their skills, which will result in direct benefits for the patient and society, "he says.

The organization's president still believes that it is no use just create jobs in medical courses, but must be secured with a postgraduate degree in sufficient number and quality, agreeing with the findings presented. "By having access to the improvement and updating - through a policy of continuing education directed to them - or even late specialization, these professionals could meet localized needs of the health system, including primary care," the study reveals.

Also according to the CFM, in the current scenario, as there are no vacancies residency for all of these young doctors will stay for a long time or for life without professional expertise.

Veja na íntegra o estudo Demografia Médica.

Source: Isaude.net
   Palavras-chave:     
  • Share this pageShare this page
  • Share this pageCorrect
  • ShareShare
  • AlertAlert
Reduced link: 
  • You are recommending this story: Doctors Without specialist titles totaling 180 000 in the country, says CFM
  • Fill in the following form to send your recommendation to your friend:

  • You are suggesting a correction for this story: Doctors Without specialist titles totaling 180 000 in the country, says CFM


Receba notícias do iSaúde no seu e-mail de acordo com os assuntos de seu interesse.
Seu nome:
Seu email:
Desejo receber um alerta com estes assuntos:
   
Comments:
Comment
Leave your comment
Close
(Required fields are marked with an *)

(Your email address will never be published or shared.)

Enter the letters and numbers below and click in the button "send"

  • Twitter iSaúde
advertising
Informe Saúde printed version

Recommend the portal
Close [X]
  • You are recommending this story: http://www.isaude.net
  • Fill in the following form to send your recommendation to your friend:

RSS news from the portal  iSaúde.net
Get the newsletter of the portal  iSaúde.net
Recommend the portal iSaúde.net
News from  iSaúde.net in your blog or website.
Get news on the subject of your interest.
© 2000-2011 www.isaude.net Todos os direitos reservados.