Public Health
publicado em 11/09/2012 às 20h05:00
   Dê o seu voto:

Experts say drug delivery does not mean increased consumption

To Fiocruz President, there is no evidence to justify why a drug is legal or illegal with respect to the damage produced

 
font size
A-
A+

Some pieces of information on this page may have been automatically translated. Makernews is not responsible for the irregularities resulting from these translations. When in doubt,      consult the original text.



The ban does not veto access to drugs, it is impossible to prevent such a thing. Access exists with or without the ban. The statement is the political scientist Luiz Eduardo Soares during the lecture Drugs, public policy and health, which marked the opening of the week commemorating 58 years of the National School of Public Health (ENSP / Fiocruz) on Monday (10). Smith defends the need not further address the drug user as a victim of the drug dealer, but because this deserves criminalization.

As president of Fiocruz and the Brazilian Committee on Drugs and Democracy, Paulo Gadelha, there is no evidence to justify why a drug is legal or illegal with respect to the damage it causes. Research shows that social perception of people is that a person who has experienced marijuana has the possibility of being dependent on a lifetime, but when asked about alcohol, if the person can drink daily, the population perceives the risk as very low . Of the hospitalizations, 70% occur by alcohol, and 90% of mortalities as well. But alcohol is considered less problematic than other illicit drugs. The perception of society is so consolidated that it takes a broader process of social debate for the modification process, he said.

Also according to Soares, Brazil occur per year, average 50 000 murders preserved regardless of the region of the country. This figure puts the country in second place worldwide in lethality intentional, just behind Russia in absolute numbers. In relative numbers, Brazil is the fifth in Latin America. The region accounts for 42% of deaths from firearms in the world, even when computed country into civil war. However, of those 50 deaths, only 8% are clarified, although they are not judged in justice, remaining unpunished 92%, for which even the subject's identification, he said.

<i> information Fiocruz </ i>

Source: Isaude.net
   Palavras-chave:   Drugs    Criminalization    Legalization    Consumption    Luiz Eduardo Soares    Fiocruz    Oswaldo Cruz Foundation   
  • Share this pageShare this page
  • Share this pageCorrect
  • ShareShare
  • AlertAlert
Reduced link: 
  • You are recommending this story: Experts say drug delivery does not mean increased consumption
  • Fill in the following form to send your recommendation to your friend:

  • You are suggesting a correction for this story: Experts say drug delivery does not mean increased consumption


Receba notícias do iSaúde no seu e-mail de acordo com os assuntos de seu interesse.
Seu nome:
Seu email:
Desejo receber um alerta com estes assuntos:
drugs    criminalization    legalization    consumption    Luiz Eduardo Soares    Fiocruz    Oswaldo Cruz Foundation   
Comments:
Comment
Mônica Abranches Werneck
posted on:
21/10/2010 13:12:22
Parabéns à reportagem sobre a liberação de drogas, pois concordo plenamente com a condenação dos traficantes e não dos usuários. Havendo a liberação, não existirá mais traficante, ficando a responsabilidade pelos danos à saúde,ao usuário, consequentemente diminuirá a violência para a aquisição da mesma. Faço votos que as autoridades analisem minhas ponderações. Obrigada.
Leave your comment
Close
(Required fields are marked with an *)

(Your email address will never be published or shared.)

Enter the letters and numbers below and click in the button "send"

  • Twitter iSaúde
advertising
Informe Saúde printed version

Recommend the portal
Close [X]
  • You are recommending this story: http://www.isaude.net
  • Fill in the following form to send your recommendation to your friend:

RSS news from the portal  iSaúde.net
Get the newsletter of the portal  iSaúde.net
Recommend the portal iSaúde.net
News from  iSaúde.net in your blog or website.
Get news on the subject of your interest.
© 2000-2011 www.isaude.net Todos os direitos reservados.