General
publicado em 19/01/2012 às 10h00:00
   Dê o seu voto:

Genes are responsible for 40% of intelligence across the life

Another 60% are determined by the context, factors such as nutrition, parental education and schooling contribute to the intelligence

EFE  
font size
A-
A+

Some pieces of information on this page may have been automatically translated. Makernews is not responsible for the irregularities resulting from these translations. When in doubt,      consult the original text.



Genes are responsible for 40% of intelligence throughout the human life, while the other 60% are determined by the context indicates a genetic study published on Thursday (19) in the digital edition of the journal "Nature."

Peter Visscher, a specialist in genetics at the University of Queensland, found that intelligence focuses on the chances of survival, told Australian broadcaster "ABC".

In order to know why some people age more intelligent, the Australian scientist and researchers have examined British intelligence tests of more than two thousand people who did so at 11 years of age and then to 65.

Most people who had an average intelligence when children increased during the adult stage, and those with a below-average intelligence in early life have maintained this average age.

The context in which life evolves, considering factors such as nutrition, parental education and schooling, contributes to the development of intelligence, researchers have shown.

During the study, experts also analyzed genetic samples and quantified the role of genes in the changes of intelligence as humans age.

"We estimate that between one quarter and one third of these changes are genetic," said Visscher.

Source: EFE
   Palavras-chave:   Genes    The role of genes    Intelligence    Human intelligence    Age    Context    Determined by the context      
  • Share this pageShare this page
  • Share this pageCorrect
  • ShareShare
  • AlertAlert
Reduced link: 
  • You are recommending this story: Genes are responsible for 40% of intelligence across the life
  • Fill in the following form to send your recommendation to your friend:

  • You are suggesting a correction for this story: Genes are responsible for 40% of intelligence across the life


Receba notícias do iSaúde no seu e-mail de acordo com os assuntos de seu interesse.
Seu nome:
Seu email:
Desejo receber um alerta com estes assuntos:
genes    the role of genes    intelligence    human intelligence    age    context    determined by the context       
Comments:
Comment
Leave your comment
Close
(Required fields are marked with an *)

(Your email address will never be published or shared.)

Enter the letters and numbers below and click in the button "send"

  • Twitter iSaúde
advertising
Informe Saúde printed version

Recommend the portal
Close [X]
  • You are recommending this story: http://www.isaude.net
  • Fill in the following form to send your recommendation to your friend:

RSS news from the portal  iSaúde.net
Get the newsletter of the portal  iSaúde.net
Recommend the portal iSaúde.net
News from  iSaúde.net in your blog or website.
Get news on the subject of your interest.
© 2000-2011 www.isaude.net Todos os direitos reservados.